Sunday, December 30, 2012

The End of 2012

2012 is about to come to an end and it wasn't a great one for me.  

I lost my two beloved fur boys...

Geiger


and 


Socrates

I still can't believe they are really gone.

Of course we did welcome the adorable Trudy into our lives.






and I can't post without mentioning my beautiful Cookie who rules all of us





And now...to my books...

According to Goodreads, I read 84 books.  That's probably correct.  My goal was for 100, so I'm a bit short as far as that goes.  However, my new goal for 2013 will still be for 100.  It's a nice, round number :)

My favorites for 2012 (aka my 5 star reads):

Citizen Insane by Karen Cantwell
Melinda & The Wild West by Linda Weaver Clark
Hot Chocolate by Dawn Greenfield Ireland
Little Shop of Homicide by Denise Swanson
Murder Buys A T-Shirt by Christy Fifield
An Appetite for Murder by Lucy Burdette
Cats Can't Shoot by Clea Simon
Copy Cat Killing by Sofie Kelly
Desert Intrigue by Linda Weaver Clark
Quilt or Innocence by Elizabeth Craig
Giving Up The Ghost by Marilyn Levinson
Corpse in the Crystal Ball by Kari Townsend
Beef Stolen-Off by Liz Lipperman
Pies & Prejudice by Ellery Adams
Firefly Beach by Meira Peterman
Bruja Brouhaha by Rochelle Staab
Impeccable Petunia by Katie Christine
On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves
What's in God's Name by Simon Rich
Because of You by Jessica Scott
Driving Mr. Yogi by Harvey Araton
Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown
Sweat by Mark Gilleo
The Cat, The Wife and The Weapon by Leann Sweeney
Curiosity Killed the Kat by Elizabeth Nelson
Playing with Poison by Cindy Blackburn
A Novel Way to Die by Ali Brandon
The Prophet by Ethan Cross

Reading Challenges...

I hosted:  4 in 2012 and completed 2
I joined:  21 in 2012 and completed 6

The first book I read in 2012 was Larceny and Lace by Annette Blair.

The last book I finished in 2012 was The Power of Happiness by Timothy McKinney

On New Year's Day I will have my plans for 2013.  I hope you all have a great New Year's!


10 comments:

  1. Sorry about the lost of your fur babies.

    84 out of 100 is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce set of books with 5 stars! You have more 5 star reads than I do for 2012! They all look good, especially the cozies~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Trudy joined your family! Great reading year for you. May you find a way to squeeze in more book to make your goal. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs, we lost a kitty this year too. Never a good year

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a list. I just read Ethan Cross Shepherd and Cage, can't wait to read Prophet next year, great series for sure, amazing brutal serial killer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The year I lost Misty and Buddah was a really hard one. I lost those two kitties in the span of a month. One to old age the other to cancer :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like a lot of us lost our babies this year :( Glad that you still have Cookie and Trudy to lavish love upon! And 84 books is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your losses, Yvonne. I know how difficult it is to lose a furkid. Trudy is adorable and it looks like Cookie has things well in order around your house.

    Looks like you read a great number of books! I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry about your kitties Yvonne. These furbabies do make their way into our hearts.
    All the best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.