Saturday, November 2, 2013

2014 What An Animal Reading Challenge VII


Welcome to the 2014 What an Animal Reading Challenge VII.  The challenge will begin on January 1st. Read on for more details...

The rules are really simple...


1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:


a. there is an animal in the title of the book

b. there is an animal on the cover of the book

c. an animal plays a major role in the book

d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).

***** AMENDED:

Level 1 - Read up to 6 books

Level 2 - Read 7-12

Level 3 - Read 13 or more


2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...


3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books (you can read more if you’d like). 


4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.


5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.


6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).


7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.


8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
 If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining my group on Goodreads for this challenge by clicking here.

9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)

If you'd like to sign up, please use Mr. Linky below. Please link directly to your post about the challenge and not to your main blog page.

There will be one linky to sign up, one linky for completed reviews and one linky for completed challenge wrap up posts.

Sign up below to join the challenge! Please link directly to your post about the challenge and not to your main blog page.



Post your links for completed reviews below!




Post the link for your wrap up posts below



I will list what I read as I read them here...

1.  Paws for Murder by Annie Knox (Click here for review.)

2.  Lending A Paw by Laurie Cass (Click here for review.)

3.  The Cat in the Window by Callie Smith Grant (Click here for review.)

4.  Ghost Cat:  Midnight Paws (Click here for review.)

5.  The Whole Cat and Caboodle by Sofie Ryan (Click here for review.)

6.  Maltipoos Are Murder by Jacqui Lane (Click here for review.)

37 comments:

  1. I'm in! Maybe I'll even remember to link up my reviews. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'd like to try this one, since I have a few books to be read that are cozies involving cats. I'm choosing LEvel one, since this a new one to me, but I may go past that, depenaing on what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in this year. I will link up if I remember, I usually keep a record on my own blog. Thanks for hosting this challenge again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll join also this year (even though my reviews are only in Italian :-( )!! Thanks for hosting this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going for Level 1 - and raiding my daughter's bookshelf on this one (she's into the warrior cat books).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am signing up at Level 2 and will keep track on my Challenges page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going for Level 1 and will keep track on my 2014 What An Animal Reading Challenge VII categories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't pass up the Animal Book challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great! Looking forward to participating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm assuming that birds are also ok, since vampires can also be classified as animals in the terms of this challenge? Would be nice to know if they aren't, as so far I'm signed up for Level 2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, I'm in (it's my first time) ! Thanks for hosting! :)

    http://www.peekabook.it/2014/01/animal-reading-challenge-2014.html

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, too bad either of my novels aren't being published until later on in the year. They'd both be perfect for this challenge.

    I wonder ... would a series qualify as one or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would. Any animal book counts whether it's part of a series or not.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for hosting this challenge again, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd because of the birds flying on the cover of the book. Thanks for having the challenge, Socrates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Socrates, would "My Life as a Furry Red Monster" fit the challenge? Elmo, the puppet, is on the cover of the book. It's written by Kevin Clash. Can I use it? yes? no? Thanks for the nice note on my page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm...This was a hard one for me to decide on, but I'll say it's okay since Elmo is furry.

      Delete
  16. I posted in wrong place. I have not finished reading yet. I did read: Lending A Paw and Murder with Puffins.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have now finished. I went for level 1 and I have read 8 books. Mostly about shifters (didn't include my vampire books as I forgot the fit).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm getting a late start but I will catch up soon! I love your challenges. Thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. For this one, I have two links.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am posting my links again, Yvonne. Just to make sure everything is alright. You have the instructions written so easily. Don't why I'm having so much trouble. Hope the headache is over. Have my fingers crossed. Thanks for putting up with my mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I linked up two reviews (A Killing Notion-link #46 and Let Loose - link #47). As soon as I get caught up with my other four (this week hopefully) I will bump myself up to Level 2 (7-12 books)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've completed Level One! Will probably manage Level 2...we'll see what's still on deck.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am really enjoying this Animal Challenge. Glad you're hosting it. Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really enjoyed this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry, I put my The Rat and The Slug link in the wrong section first. Too early in the morning. Can you remove it from the sign-up section? I did put it in the right section too.
    Thanks again for hosting this fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Footprints on the Ceiling has a Bunny on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I did post my list of 13 books to two places. I probably might read at least one more.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, I'm finished for this year. I've reached the max of 13. Am looking forward to doing it again next year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just wanted to apologise, because I seem to be a complete moron when it comes to posting my links. I seem incapable of finding the right section on occasion and just noticed that I've posted at least a few of my reviews in the sign-up link part and at least one in the wrap-up section. I may seem like a sub-literate user of the interwebs, and have no real excuse except the fact that I work very long hours teaching secondary school students. Maybe their scatter-brained-ness (totally a word) is rubbing off on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I fixed everything that needed to be fixed :)

      Delete
  30. looking forward to satrting this.. as soon as my exams are over that is :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.