Friday, August 25, 2017

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


This week's choice is a book I've been wanting to read for years. I haven't started it yet, but I'm hoping to. It sounds so good...




Beginnings...

Prologue

Late Thursday night, Sea Harbor, Massachusetts

North of the Harbor Road shops, a mile or two up the coast - past the Canary Cove artist colony and the oceanview vacation homes, some of which had been turned into enviable residences with wide seashell drives and two-story carriage houses - the land curved sharply like a sea serpent's tail.

When the moon was full, the sky a whitewash of stars, and the breeze a warm embrace, the beach on the tail and the stalwart breakwater were perfect places to walk on a summer's night. But tonight the weatherman had predicted rain, and the winds were gusty, discouraging evening strolls and lovers' trysts.


Friday 56...

From page 56 on my Kindle...

"That's fair. And you're right - Pete is about as confrontational as a butterfly. Sometimes I think he'd be better off if he were a little less trusting."

6 comments:

  1. Love the descriptions in the opening lines. Now I want to know more! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “WATCH ME DISAPPEAR”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Those are some LONG sentences. They made me think of sentences that might be submitted to sites to see if they would win for over-writing! Ha! BB is at the bottom of my book review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting story. I hope you enjoy it. My teaser is from a historical mystery - A Conspiracy in Belgravia by Sherry Thomas. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the descriptive writing. Thanks for mentioning the book. Enjoy your current read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the setting of this one! I am as confrontational as a butterfly, so I could probably relate to Pete. LOL

    Thank you for sharing, Yvonne! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.